- Game clock will consist of two 17 minute halves, 30 second shot clock and a 5 minute halftime.
- The clock will stop for fouls and violations only within the last TWO minutes of the SECOND half if the score is within 10 points.
- 3 minute overtime in the case of a tie at the end of regulation.
- No “Slam Dunking”
- Grace Period: A five minute grace period will be allowed for if any given team is unable to have four players on the court. The team ready and waiting will begin accumulating one points per minute up to eight minutes. If at this point a team does not have four players to start, a forfeit will be declared.
- 7 Team Foul limit – 1 and 1 free throw
- 10 Team Foul limit – 2 free throws
- 5 Personal Fouls per player – Ejection from game
- Technical Fouls will be given to any player/team for behavior.
- 2 Technical Fouls will result in ejection from the game.
- The referee has the option to eject any player that, after being warned of behavior, excessively argues a call and/or delays the game from continuing, even if no Technical Foul is issued prior.
- 4 Technical Fouls through out tournament will result in ejection from tournament.
- Two 30-second timeouts per half per team.
- In case of overtime, 1 extra time out will be given.
- 3-point line will be utilized in all games.
- Free throws will be awarded to a player who is fouled while attempting to shoot.
- The team captains are entirely responsible to make sure that their players fully understand tournament rules and regulations. All captains are responsible for having proof of brotherhood and originating chapter for each player on the team.
See Attached Bracket for Seeding and Flow 10 Team Maximum Tournament
- Chapter Teams shall be created and identified by a Lambda Theta Phi California undergraduate chapter. Teams allowed to enter are Alpha Delta, Alpha Zeta, Alpha Iota, Beta Alpha, Beta Kappa, Gamma Delta, Gamma Eta, Alpha Lambda, Alpha Omega, Beta Zeta, Beta Lambda, Beta Omicron, Beta Upsilon, Beta Chi, Beta Omega, Gamma Zeta, Gamma Tau and Delta Gamma
- Each players on the roster must have pledged and crossed at the respective Chapter Team.
- Chapters with fewer than 4 brothers on campus may merge with another chapter(s) closest to them. The Chapter Team Name will be identified by chapter with the larger number of players. Alumni a. Chapter Alumni may create a team comprised of the same chapters Alumni. for example AZ Alumni Chapter Team b. Alumni from chapters outside of California may enter if they belong to an Alumni Chapter in California. c. Alumni Chapters may not merge with Undergraduate Chapters from different schools.
- Brothers that attended a school as a Graduate Student may join that team with the approval of their undergraduate chapter.
- No chapters outside of California can enter a team.
- Team Rosters must be submitted in FULL by mail, paypal/credit card (additional charges apply) or in person along with full payment 20 days prior to the tournament. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Rosters must be approved by Tournament staff prior to the first game.
- 16 players maximum per team. 5 players per team on the court.
- All players shall play for only one team throughout the tournament.
- All jewelry must be removed. Necklaces, earrings and watches cannot be worn during the game. Basketball shoes must be worn at all times.
- Each player must wear a jersey or shirt and must have the same color.
There will be no Draft in 2018
No non-area teams will be allowed to enter a team. See rule 3b in the TEAM ROSTERS>ALUMNI for more information.
SMALL AREA CHAPTERS/COLONIES
- Chapters with fewer than 4 brothers on campus may merge with another chapter(s) closest to them with fewer than 4 brothers on campus.
- All participates, coaches, and spectators shall refrain from using profanity or verbal abuse towards other players, captains, spectators, referees and the tournament staff.
- This is a Drug and Alcohol Free Event. No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on the premises. Any captain or player(s) engaged in the use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified from further participation in the tournament.
- Team captain will be responsible for the conduct of their players. Teams and spectators shall abide by the tournament rules and regulations.
- Food or beverages will be limited in the gymnasium. Only water and sport drinks will be permitted.
- The Tournament Director and the tournament staff are not responsible for any personal items that are left behind, lost, or stolen.
- Technical fouls will be given for any verbal abuse towards official from players on the floor or on the bench.
- Fighting is an attempt to strike an opponent with the arms, hands, legs, feet or a combative action by one or more players, a coach or other team personnel. Any member or team personnel who participate in a fight shall be immediately suspended from the game or for the duration to be determined by the Tournament Director and their Associates.
- Let it be known that spectators and visitors who too elect to involve themselves in a fight during a game, will be suspended from the facility for a length of time to be determined by the Tournament Director and their Associates.
- Should any team, player(s) or coach be disqualified from tournament play, there will be no refunds.
- There will be a ZERO tolerance for any acts of physical violence.
- Only the opposing teams captain who is playing the scheduled game can protest a player’s eligibility. Player eligibility protest must be taken to the scorer’s table before the start of the game. Documentation/proof must be presented upon request. If the captain cannot provide proper proof of registration for the player(s) being protested, then player(s) will not be allowed to participate until proof is provided.
- The game will not be stopped to handle the protest. If the player(s) show up late and the opposing team captain wants to protest the player(s). That protest will take place at half time only. If the player(s) being protested at half time cannot provide proper proof of registration then the player(s) must sit until proof can be provided and that team will be charged with a technical foul. As a result, the opposing team will get two free throws and the ball.
The Tournament Director has the right to alter rules, bylaws and bracket structure as needed.
- All spectators are welcome free of charge.