Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
CALI CUP 2015: Outdoor Soccer Tournament
1. 6 field players and a goalkeeper, hence the 7v7.
2. All soccer players must be brothers of Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity Incorporated. Undergraduate/Alumni status does not matter.
3. Minimum of 7 players; maximum is unlimited per team, but suggestion is 12 for more playing time for all brothers.
4. Players may only play on one team.
1. Teams are formed only via chapter. (Ex: Beta Upsilon chapter may only have brothers (undergraduate or alumni) from Beta Upsilon)
2. Team Rosters must be submitted in Full by email Dec 10, 2014. No changes can be made after.
3. Rosters must be approved by Tournament staff prior to tournament.
4. Entities that are relatively new (Ex: Chico, Northridge, UCSD), may form with another entity with approval of the Cali Cup Board.
5. Chapters who do not have a team and there are brothers who want to play from that chapter/colony will be entered in a draft/lottery based on availability of the teams already entered.
6. Chapters are able to have more than 1 team per chapter if have the ability to do so. (Ex: Undergraduate team, alumni team)
- All participants, coaches and spectators shall refrain from using profanity or verbal abuse towards other players, captains, spectators, referees and the tournament staff.
- This is a Drug and Alcohol Free Event. No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on the premises. Any captain or player(s) engaged in the use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified from further participation in the tournament.
- Team captain will be responsible for the conduct of their players. Teams and spectators shall abide by the tournament rules and regulations.
- Food or beverages will be limited on the field. Only water and sport drinks will be permitted.
- The Tournament Director and the tournament staff are not responsible for any personal items that are left behind, lost or stolen.
- Technical fouls will be given for any verbal abuse towards official from players on the floor or on the bench.
- Fighting is an attempt to strike an opponent with the arms, hands, legs, feet or a combative action by one or more players, a coach or other team personnel. Any member or team personnel who participants in a fight shall be immediately suspended from the game or for the duration to be determined by the Tournament Director and their Associates.
- Let it be known that spectators and visitors who too elect to involve themselves in a fight during a game, will be suspended from the facility for a length of time to be determined by the Tournament Director and their Associates.
- Should any team, player(s) or coach be disqualified from tournament play, there will be no refunds.
- There will be a ZERO tolerance for any acts of physical violence.
- Only the opposing teams coach who is playing the scheduled game can protest a player’s eligibility. Player eligibility protest must be taken to the scorer’s table before the start of the game. Documentation/proof must be presented upon request. If the captain cannot provide proper proof of registration for their player(s) being protested, then player(s) will not be allowed to participate until proof is provided.
- The game will not be stopped to handle the protest. If the player(s) show up late and the opposing teams captain wants to protest the player(s). That protest will take place at half time only. If the player(s) being protested at half time cannot provide proper proof of registration then the player(s) must sit until proof can be provided and that team will be charged with a technical foul. As a result, the opposing team will get two free throws and the ball.
The Tournament Director has the right to alter rules, bylaws and bracket structure as needed.
All spectators are welcome free of charge.
- The tournament council will provide game balls.
- Time: Games will consist of 2 halves of 20 minutes.
- Field Size: 50 yards by 50 yards.
- Kickoff: On the whistle, ball may be played in any direction on the first touch.
- Equipment: Cleats not required, but recommended. NO METAL CLEATS. Shin Guards not required but recommended.
- Halftime: 5 minute halftime
- Timeouts: One 1-minute timeout per half.
- 5 Second Restart Rule: A restart must occur within 5 seconds of place the ball for a free kick, corner kick or goal kick. Goalkeepers must also release ball within 5 seconds after gaining possession.
- Substitutions: Substitutions can only be made when the ball is out of bounds or ball is dead due to free kick or goal kick.
- Ball Out of Play: If the ball has wholly crossed the goal line or touch line whether on the ground or in the air. IF ball exits the sideline it’s a throw-in. IF ball exits the goal line, it is a corner kick. IF goal, restart from center of field.
- No Offsides
- Slide Tackling: Slide tackling the ball by any player is permitted. Tackles cannot be made from behind.
- Goalkeeper Release: Punts and drop kicks are not permitted due to the small field. The ball must be distributed by a throw, normal place kick or kick from a dribble. If regular goal kick, ball cannot pass the half field line due to the small playing field.
- Goalkeeper: May NOT handle ball if intentionally passed to him from the feet of his own teammate.
- Free kicks: ONLY direct free kicks, no indirect free kicks. Opposing players must be 10 feet on all kicks and corner kicks.
- Misconduct Rules: Yellow: a warning caution, no time penalty for this offense. RED: Ejection without replacement for the duration of the match. Ejected player will sit out the following match as well.
- Tie Breakers: If game ends in a tie, FIFA penalties will ensue. ANY player on the field can shoot and/or be goalkeeper. 5 penalties a side. IF team is still tied after 5 penalties a side, sudden death shootout will commence.
- Play off Tiebreakers: If teams tied after regulation time, overtime will ensue. Two halves of 5 minutes will commence. If team still tied after the two 5 minute halves, FIFA penalties.
- Point System: Win= 3 points, Loss= 0 points.
- NO CHEATING WILL BE TOLERATED (Players playing on different teams, players not on a roster, etc). Automatic Disqualification.